10th International Abilympics
March 24 - March 25
Reveal… your talent
Abilympics France will meet you for the 10th International Abylimpics, The skills Global Competition for disabled people.
Contraction from the English words « abilities » and « olympics », Skills Olympics Games, the Abilympics are to trade competitions what the Paralympic Games are to the Olympic Games.
They demonstrate the professional excellence of disabled people in a competitive situation.
Organized by the Abilympics France association in partnership with WorldSkills France, this major event will meet nearly 1500 participants (applicants, judges, experts) and 50 000 visitors over 2 days, within the exhibition center of the Metz Eurometropole.
Candidates of the French Abilympics team will be 34 to represent their passions, their jobs and their country’s colours against the exceptional skills of the other participants coming from about 30 nations.
The 10th international Abilympics are, 2 days of show, many talents in job areas, an Opening Ceremony, sport and cultural activities, conferences, and to finish off the closing and the medal ceremony which will put the whole world’s talents forward.
Inclusion: a key priority!
Organized jointly with the Regional Finals WorldSkills* for the Grand-Est region, the event aims to show the skills of disabled people so that disability is replaced by professional competence.
The competition site
The exhibition centre of the Metz Eurometropole is a point of convergence for major European exchanges!
Located on the outskirts of the city of Metz, it welcomes almost a hundred events each year.
- Overall area of the site : 50 hectares
- Exhibition area : 55 000 squares metres
- 21 000 m² of covered area
– including 1 hall of 8 000 m²
– and 6 hexagonal halls of 1 760 m²
- 239 000 m² of outside area
- 5 000 free parking places
- 800 000 visitors per year ( average, taking all events together )
- An adjacent convention center on 7 500 m²
– including 1 auditorium with 605 seats
– and 15 rooms from 40 to 240 m² in the convention center
The whole works on a modular system, adapting to the needs of different events.